Health, Safety & Environment
FoundOcean is committed to maintaining a conscious culture towards health, safety and the environment. The business applies this to every aspect of the business to prevent harm to its people and the environment in which they work.
The company strives to continually identify and eliminate all foreseeable hazards and minimise the probability of incidents resulting in personal injury, illness, and damage to property or the environment.
Its incident and injury-free strategy is centred around a multi-layered learning and development programme, embedded employee wellbeing culture, and by focusing on building a sustainable business for the future.
All company policies are reviewed annually to monitor effectiveness and to ensure the process of continual improvement is maintained.
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management Policy
FoundOcean recognises that the disciplines of health and safety, and working without harm to the environment, are integral to its management function. It views these as a primary responsibility and considers them to be crucial to good business practice in adopting appropriate health, safety and environmental standards.
FoundOcean’s HSE Policy demands continuous improvement across its HSE Management activities and that its business will be conducted according to the following principals.
As a minimum, it will:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Follow a concept of continuous improvement and make best use of its management resources in all matters of health and safety
- Communicate its performance against these objectives throughout the organisation and to interested stakeholders
- Take due care to ensure that activities are safe for employees, associates, sub-contractors and others who come into contact with its work, including the general public
- Work closely with its customers and suppliers to establish the highest possible HSE standards
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions that may have health, safety and environmental consequences
- Provide appropriate training to staff around the needs and responsibilities of effective health and safety management
- Support all those who refuse to undertake work on the grounds of health, safety and/or damage to the environment
Accidents and incidents
FoundOcean has established and maintained clear procedures for defining responsibility and authority for:
- The handling and investigation of accidents, incidents and non-conformances
- Taking action to mitigate any consequences arising from accidents, incidents or non-conformances
- The initiation and completion of corrective and preventive actions
- Confirmation of the effectiveness of corrective and/or preventative actions taken
Safety training of personnel
All FoundOcean personnel working offshore have undertaken an offshore survival course and subsequent refresher courses at an approved OPITO training centre.
The training courses cover the following areas:
- Helicopter underwater escape training
- Enclosed lifeboat abandonment drill
- Wet liferaft drill
- Fire fighting
- Survival drill at sea
- First aid
All personnel are experienced or supervised in safe working practices and are familiar with the necessary safety precautions and procedures.