- FoundOcean wins Energy Institute technology award for its new Super Pan Mixer
- FoundOcean leads latest wind-industry development off the northeast coast of the UK
- Grout connections at Nordsee Ost move below water
- FoundOcean halves wind farm grouting times
- FoundOcean awarded the Haliade 150 turbine grouting project
Marine Growth Control
Until now, controlling marine growth has been an expensive and time-consuming process. This revolutionary marine growth control solution offers energy operators one of the most cost-effective platform strengthening mechanisms for existing structures by extending their valuable fatigue life, and a cost-saving solution for the fabrication and installation of new structures. Over 26,000 products have been installed on 400 new and existing offshore structures throughout Asia, Europe & America since 1990.
Marine growth build-up in the splash zone on oil and gas platforms and offshore wind farm foundations has direct consequences: it adds static weight to the foundation, and it increases the diameter and the surface roughness of the members, thereby increasing the drag coefficient associated with wave and tidal actions on the structure.
These factors need to be taken into consideration when designing the jacket to ensure its structural integrity and longevity; costly considerations which can be averted by designing the Marine Growth Control product into the overall foundation design from the outset.
The specially designed and patented apparatus is powered by natural ocean forces and their own buoyancy. The continuous sweeping motion contacts made by the rubber rollers against the substrate break down the marine colonisation process of microbial slime or micro-fouling, every minute of every day, thus permanently preventing the marine growth affixing to the members. This eliminates the need for periodic cleaning thereby substantially reducing cleaning costs. Cleaner members also make for speedier inspections. Technology and nature work effectively together to strengthen and protect offshore installations as well as port and harbour structures such as piers and jetties.
Learn more about Marine Growth Control by downloading the comprehensive studies in our downloads section to the right.
- Avoids exposing divers to high pressure jet blasting or scrapping off marine growth
- Works 24/7 and in all weather conditions
- Can be retro-fitted or fitted during fabrication of the structure
- Over 26,000 MGC products have been fitted on400 structures in Asia, Europe and America since 1990